Answer is yes but it is safe as long as you take some yoga precautions. Yoga is a spiritual way to a relax mind and body which is very important throughout your pregnancy.
Yoga helps you breathe and relax which helps you to manage the physical demands of pregnancy like labor, birth and motherhood. Before start, it is very important to find an instructor who is trained in prenatal yoga and be sure to tell him/her that you are pregnant and in which trimester you are in.
Yoga helps to-be-mothers to
- Feel calm, and to get rid of tension.
- Improve circulation and muscle flexibility.
- Stay mentally fit through meditation, breathing and relaxation.
Yoga asanas for to-be-mothers helps relieving tension around the cervix, by opening up the pelvic region. This prepares to-be-mothers for labor and delivery.
Yoga focuses on the balance between your mind and body. This balance is achieved through the below:
- Asanas(physical exercises)
- Pranayama(breathing exercises )